Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Vegan Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegan Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you probably purchase many items out of habit. For instance, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegan pho (vietnamese noodle soup) recipe. To make vegan pho (vietnamese noodle soup) you only need 28 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup):
- Provide of Noodle Soup.
- Provide 1 of yellow onion, peeled, cut into large chunks.
- Get 3 of shallots, peeled, cut in half.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic, cut in half.
- Use 5 cm of chunck ginger, peeled, cut in half.
- Use 1 of cinnamon stick, cut in half.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of whole peppercorns.
- Provide 6 of whole cloves.
- Use 4 of star anise.
- Get 1 tsp of neutral-flavored oil.
- Provide 1 of vegetable bouillon cube.
- Provide 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 of carrots, thinly sliced.
- Take 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets.
- Get 20 of medium mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 200 g of rice noodles.
- You need of Tofu Strips.
- Use 1 block of firm tofu, thinly sliced.
- Use 1 tbsp of neutral oil.
- Use 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide of Optional Garnish *But Highly Recommended.
- Get of Fresh basil.
- Take of Bean sprouts.
- Take of Sliced green onions.
- Provide of Sliced radish.
- Take of Sliced Lime.
- Prepare of Hoisin sauce.
- Use of Chili sauce or Sriracha hot sauce.
Steps to make Vegan Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup):
- Place the onion, garlic, ginger and spices in a medium pot on high heat and dry roast until fragrant, about 2 minutes, stirring throughout. Then add 1 tsp oil and continue to sauté for another 60 seconds before adding 1,5l water and crushing in one vegetable bouillon cube. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 25 min to allow the flavours to meld, partly covered..
- Add a strainer to the top of a large pot on medium-high heat and drain the broth from step #2, straining out the onions, garlic, ginger and spices. To this broth, add the soy sauce and vegetables, partly cover, allowing to simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Prepare the tofu by heating oil in a non-stick pan on high heat, and sprinkle salt to evenly distribute. Then add the sliced tofu to the pan, decrease the heat the heat to medium-high and do not disturb until golden, about 5-8 minutes. Then flip and allow other side to cook; again, do not disturb until golden, about 5 min. Remove from heat and set aside..
- While the veggies cook, add the rice noodles to a small pot on high heat and cover with boiling water. Allow to cook until al dente. Drain and set aside..
- To prepare the noodle bowl, simply divide the noodles between the bowls, ladle veggies and broth on top, add the cooked tofu and load the bowl full with all the garnish. By favourites are the fresh basil, hoisin sauce, bean sprouts and chili sauce. Serve immediately and enjoy while hot!.
- Notes Variations: add any other veggies like bok choy, edamame beans, shiitake mushrooms, fresh cilantro, crispy onion flakes, etc. Speed-it-up: using edamame as your plant-based protein saves time compared to making your own tofu. If doing this, add at the same time you add the carrots to the pot. Storage: best to enjoy immediately. Leftovers can be stored for up to one day and reheated before serving..
If you find this Vegan Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.