Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that give You Power.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad tends to make us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Finding snacks that will help us feel better and enhance our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
If you’re looking for a fast snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A bit of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning hours. When you need a fast treat on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Deciding on whole grain foods is always far better than eating the refined grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero recipe. You can have puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero:
- Prepare of Ingredients – main:.
- You need of Organic rapeseed oil.
- Get 400 g of fresh or frozen, cored & de-seeded, chopped, mixed peppers.
- Provide 4 of medium sized organic carrots – topped, tailed & diced (no need to peel them if they’re organic).
- You need 1 of medium to large onion – peeled & chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic – peeled & roughly sliced.
- Use 3 sticks of celery – roughly chopped.
- Provide 300 g of organic Jerusalem artichokes or potatoes (no need to peel them if they’re organic) – top, tailed where needed & diced.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Take 3 tbsps of cider vinegar (white wine vinegar, left over cider or white wine will work too).
- You need 20 of turns of the black pepper grinder.
- Get 1 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 litre of chicken stock.
- Provide 200 g of dried puy lentils.
- Take 4 of bay leaves.
- Use 300 g of whole button mushrooms.
- You need 300 g of roughly chopped cabbage.
- You need of Ingredients – topping:.
- Use 1 of whole Cauliflower including leaves & stem – quartered.
- You need of Cavolo nero.
Instructions to make Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero:
- Add around 2 tbsb of the rapeseed oil to a roasting pan and then place the pan in the oven. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Place the quartered cauliflower in the hot roasting pan (you could also add some halved sweet potatoes and large chunks of squash, which are great throughout the week as a side to or as part of lunch time salads). Drizzle around 1 tbsp of the rapeseed oil over the cauliflower (use more oil if you’re adding sweet potato &/or squash). Bake for 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- While the cauliflower is baking, heat around 5 tbsps of the rapeseed oil in a large, heavy, cast iron pan with a lid – put the lid to one side. Add the chopped peppers and fry gently for a few minutes, then add the diced carrots..
- Fry them together on a medium to high heat (stirring as necessary) until they begin to go golden brown. Then add the diced carrots and fry for 10 minutes (stirring as necessary)..
- Turn down the heat down low, then add the fennel seeds and onions. Fry gently for about 10 minutes..
- Add the sliced garlic, diced Jerusalem artichokes (or potatoes) and chopped celery. Fry gently for a further 5 minutes..
- Add the smoked paprika, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Fry gently for a few minutes. Then add the vinegar and deglaze the pan..
- Add the chicken stock, lentils and bay leaves. Then stir..
- Add the whole mushrooms. Do not stir. Put the lid on and turn the heat down to it's lowest setting and leave for about an hour. You may need to gently stir around the 40 minute mark, to ensure the contents do not stick to the bottom of the pan..
- Place the chopped cabbage on top. Do not stir. Replace the lid and simmer for a further 15 minutes..
- Stir & then the stew is ready to serve..
- Serve with the baked cauliflower and some steamed cavolo nero on top..
If you find this Puy lentil stew with baked cauliflower and steamed cavolo nero recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.