Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Opting to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are many health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most likely choose lots of food items out of habit. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's tender t-bones & scrumptious sides recipe. To make mike's tender t-bones & scrumptious sides you need 36 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides:
- Use of Meat.
- You need 2 large of Well Marbled T-Bone Steaks.
- You need 3 tbsp of High Heat Frying Oil.
- You need 1 of Bottle Cracked Black Pepper.
- Use 1 tbsp of Sea Salt.
- You need of Kitchen Items For Steaks.
- You need 1 large of Cast Iron Skillet.
- Take 1 of Pair Tongs.
- Prepare of Steak Toppers.
- Provide 2 large of White Onions [sliced thick].
- You need 1/2 lb of Cleaned, Fresh, Sliced Mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of High Heat Frying Oil.
- Use 2 oz of Salted Butter [or more].
- Take 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Use 1 of Cutting Board.
- Prepare 1 large of Knife.
- Prepare of Baked Potatoes & Kitchen Items Needed.
- Take 2 large of Whole Idaho Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Reserved Bacon Grease [from previous meals].
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt.
- Provide 4 of Sheets Tinfoil.
- Get 1 of Sharp Knife.
- Get of Asparagus Spears & Kitchen Items.
- Provide 18 of Larger Asparagus Spears.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Shreadded Parmesan Cheese.
- Take 1 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt.
- Use 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Use 9 oz of Prosciutto Slices.
- Use 1 large of Sheet Tinfoil.
- Get 1 large of Sharp Knife.
- Prepare 1 of Cutting Board.
- Provide 1 of Cookie Sheet.
Instructions to make Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides:
- Before frying your steaks, fry your onions and mushrooms in the same cast iron skillet you'll be frying your steaks in. Also, make your garlic butter..
- Garlic Butter Recipe Slightly melt butter and mix everything together in Ziplock bag and mix well. Snip end off of bag and use as a piping bag. Squeeze directly on to baked potatoes or neatly into a serving bowl. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/364342-mikes-easy-garlic-butter-spread.
- FOR THE ONIONS AND MUSHROOMS: Slice onions thick. Sauté onions in 1/2 sick butter and oil..
- When they are just about 3/4 's of the way cooked to your preference, add your mushrooms and cook 3 minutes longer..
- Drain on paper towels then serve atop T-Bone Steaks..
- STEAK FRYING & TIPS: Choose a T-bone steak that is cherry red and is well marbled. [meaning fat runs equally throughout the meat] Have your Butcher choose your steaks if you're not certain on which cuts to pick..
- Pat your steaks down with a paper towel and make sure your steaks are dry. You don't want to end up steaming them instead..
- Important! Do not tenderize T-Bones with a fork or puncture your meat in any way both prior to or during frying. You'll forfit vital juices and actually cause your steak to firm up even more. Just trust the notion that you and your butcher have picked the ideal steaks and that they will be juicy!.
- Pull your steaks from fridge 45-60 minutes prior to pan frying. You'll want them at room temperature before searing..
- Generously season your T-bone steaks on both sides with cracked black pepper. Do not over season your steaks with spices such as meat seasoned salt, tenderizers, garlic or onion powders as you'll only mask the natural flavor of your meat. Garlic will also burn at a high heat so do not use in seasonings. Salt and pepper are all you really need!.
- Season with sea salt just minutes before frying. Otherwise it will dry your steak out. Remember, you want juicy steaks!.
- To pan-sear T-bone steaks, use a cast iron frying pan [best] or an equally heavy pan. Heat the pan over medium to high heat with 2 tbsp high heat oil vegetable oil until pan is almost smoking. Be careful not burn oil though..
- Quickly sear the steaks on each side for about 1 minute to achieve a hearty brown crust then fry for 3 to 6 minutes on each side depending if you want rare, medium rare, medium well or well done steaks..
- Use tongs [important] to flip your steaks or to move them around so they don't stick or become punctured by a fork or knife..
- When steaks are done to your liking, set to the side and let rest for 5 – 7 minutes before cutting..
- FOR BAKED POTATOES: Wash and dry your potatoes and stick a knife x 2 through both for quicker baking time. Generously coat both with hardened bacon grease. Sprinkle each with cracked black pepper and sea salt..
- Roll in tinfoil and press tightly then roll again in another piece of tinfoil..
- Place in oven at 425° on the lowest oven shelf for 45 minutes..
- Cut open potatoes and squeeze both ends together to push up baked centers..
- Top with garlic butter or plain butter and sour cream and garnish with cracked black pepper and chives..
- PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED ASPARAGUS: Add olive oil to the spears and add cracked pepper, sea salt, garlic and Parmesan Cheese and mix well..
- Carefully wrap asparagus spears in Prosciutto and place on tinfoil lined and spray Pam cookie sheet..
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until Prosciutto meat is crispy. Or you can pan sear until crispy. Just add a bit of oil to the pan..
- Garnish with fresh parsley and strawberries..
If you find this Mike's Tender T-Bones & Scrumptious Sides recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.