Most of us think that comfort foods are not good for us and that we have to keep away from them. Often, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether nourishing and it's good for you to consume them. Several foods actually do elevate your mood when you eat them. If you seem to be a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try several of these., greek yogurt cupcakes with dulce de leche frosting.
Eggs, you may be amazed to find out, are great at combating depression. Just be sure that you do not throw away the egg yolk. Every time you would like to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the yolk especially, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can actually help you elevate your mood. This is because these vitamins increase the function of your brain's neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Consume an egg and feel a lot better!
Make some trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all great for helping to elevate your mood. This is possible since these foods have a bunch of magnesium which increases serotonin production. Serotonin is the "feel good" natural substance that tells your brain how you feel all the time. The more of it in your brain, the more pleasant you'll feel. Not only that, nuts, particularly, are a fantastic protein source.
Add in powder sugar, dulce de leche, vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream. Beat on low speed for a few seconds until the sugar is well incorporated into the mixture. Here is how you cook that. While the cupcakes bake, prepare the frosting.
Greek Yogurt Cupcakes With Dulce De Leche Frosting is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Greek Yogurt Cupcakes With Dulce De Leche Frosting is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook greek yogurt cupcakes with dulce de leche frosting using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Greek Yogurt Cupcakes With Dulce De Leche Frosting:
- Get ✨Cupcakes✨
- Get 175 g Salted Butter (room temperature)
- Prepare 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (Sifted)
- Take 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- Get 3 Large Eggs
- Make ready 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- Take 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Make ready 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Take 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Prepare ✨Dulce De Leche Frosting ✨
- Take 1 Cup Salted or unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- Make ready 1 Cup Dulce De Leche
- Take 370 g Powder Sugar (Sifted)
- Take 3 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- Make ready 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
They're simply moist and rich in flavor. The batter will be thick and still have tiny lumps. How to use Greek yogurt frosting. Use it to frost cakes or cupcakes.
Instructions to make Greek Yogurt Cupcakes With Dulce De Leche Frosting:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C. When making this cake batter have the butter, yogurt and eggs at room temperature. Line 23 muffin cups with paper liners. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and baking powder. In another bowl whisk together the yogurt and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until it becomes smooth and light in color.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl as needed. With the mixer on low speed, add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix very well. Then add the yogurt mixture and mix until well combined. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 17-20 minutes. Insert a toothpick into a cupcake and see if it comes out clean. If it does come out clean, it is ready.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter until it is smooth. Add in powder sugar, dulce de leche, vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream. Beat on low speed for a few seconds until the sugar is well incorporated into the mixture. Then beat on medium high speed until the frosting is fluffy (about 2-4 minutes). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, prepare a large pastry bag with extra large couplers and an extra large piping. Fill the bag with the dulce de leche buttercream frosting. Pipe the frosting on each cupcake. Enjoy! 😉
How to use Greek yogurt frosting. Use it to frost cakes or cupcakes. I sometimes use it to frost these keto chocolate cupcakes instead of using the peanut butter frosting. For a low carb and healthier version of this recipe, try replacing the powdered sugar with Confectioners Swerve. Home » Dulce De Leche Cupcakes with Dulce De Leche Buttercream.
Cold water fish are great if you wish to feel better. Wild salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, and tuna are all high in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. These are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It's true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can basically help you fight back depression.
Some grains are actually great for repelling bad moods. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all good for helping you feel happier. They can help you feel full for longer too, helping you feel better. It's not difficult to feel depressed when you feel hungry! These grains can improve your mood since it's not at all hard for your body to digest them. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood.
Green tea is truly good for your mood. You were sure green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is rich in an amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has found that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This will better your brain's focus while simultaneously calming the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not hard to get healthy when you consume green tea. And now you know it can help raise your mood also!
As you can see, you don't need to stuff your face with junk food when you wish to feel better! Try some of these instead!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food greek yogurt cupcakes with dulce de leche frosting recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!