Many of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are bad and to be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely nutritious and it's good for you to eat them. There are some foods that, when you eat them, can improve your mood. If you seem to be a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try several of these., dominican coconut fish.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be really wonderful at dealing with depression. Just be sure that you do not throw away the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, particularly the egg yolks, are rich in B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be fantastic for lifting up your mood. This is because they help in bettering the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that control your mood. Try consuming a few eggs to cheer up!
Make a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc are all helpful for elevating your mood. This is possible since these foods have a bunch of magnesium which promotes serotonin production. Serotonin is the "feel good" natural substance that tells your brain how you feel day in and day out. The higher your levels of serotonin, the happier you are going to feel. Not only that, nuts, specifically, are a great protein food source.
Dominican Coconut Fish is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Dominican Coconut Fish is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have dominican coconut fish using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Dominican Coconut Fish:
- Get 6 skinless and boneless white fish fillets
- Prepare 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Make ready 1.5 tbs olive oil
- Prepare 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Make ready 2 tsp adobo seasoning (or all purpose seasoning OR sazon!)
- Get 1.5 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- Take 1 tsp old bay (into the sauce as well)
- Get to taste Salt and pepper
- Make ready Slurry (2.5 tsp corn starch dissolved in water)
- Make ready 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- Get 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Take 1/2 onion, sliced thin
- Make ready 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- Prepare 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- Make ready 1 tbs tomato paste
- Prepare 2 can coconut milk
- Take Optional: fresh chopped cilantro
Steps to make Dominican Coconut Fish:
- Season your fish with the Old Bay, Adobo Seasoning, coriander and oregano for about 30 min
- Heat oil in pan and brown both sides of the fish (about 3 min a side) on high heat. The fish doesnt need to be cooked through at this stage. Set aside on plate
- To the pan, add your onions and peppers. Sautee until onions are just translucent. Add your garlic and combine.
- To the veggies, add the tomato paste, mix all together then add the can of coconut milk. Add your tsp of old bay and salt and pepper and then mix in your slurry
- Bring everything to a low boil (bubbly) then lay your fish back into the sauce to cook through and allow the flavours to combine. About 5 min
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro. Serve on top of white rice or cauli rice.
Cold water fish are great for eating if you wish to fight depression. Cold water fish including tuna, trout and wild salmon are chock full of DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. These are two substances that boost the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It's true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can basically help you fight back depression.
Grains can be wonderful for overcoming a bad mood. Quinoa, barley, millet, etc are excellent at helping you feel happier. These grains can help you feel full for longer as well, which can help your mood too. Feeling starved can actually make you feel terrible! The reason these grains elevate your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps kick up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood.
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You just knew it had to be in here somewhere, right? Green tea is high in a specific amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have found that this amino acid basically stimulates brain waves. This will improve your brain's focus while at the same calming the rest of your body. You already knew that green tea helps you become healthier. Now you are aware that green tea helps you to elevate your moods as well!
As you can see, you don't need to eat all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a few of these instead!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food dominican coconut fish recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!