For the most part, people have been trained to think that "comfort" foods are terrible for the body and have to be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be utterly healthy and good for us to consume. Some foods actually do raise your mood when you eat them. When you feel a little down and are in need of an emotional pick-me-up, try some of these., crockpot orange 🍊 teriyaki chicken.
Eggs, would you believe, are terrific for helping you combat depression. You need to see to it, however, that what you make includes the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the egg yolk in particular, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are great for helping to elevate your mood. This is because the B vitamins improve the function of your brain's neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Try to eat an egg and feel better!
Put together a trail mixout of various seeds and nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all good for elevating your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which boosts your brain's serotonin levels. Serotonin is the "feel good" chemical substance that tells your brain how you feel at all times. The more of it in your brain, the more pleasant you'll feel. Not just that, nuts, particularly, are a great protein food source.
Crockpot Orange 🍊 Teriyaki Chicken is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Crockpot Orange 🍊 Teriyaki Chicken is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook crockpot orange 🍊 teriyaki chicken using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Crockpot Orange 🍊 Teriyaki Chicken:
- Get 1 large pack chicken thighs (skinless, boneless, large family pack)
- Get 3 onions, sliced
- Get 1 cup orange juice
- Take 1/2 cup water
- Prepare 10 cloves garlic, minced
- Take 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Get 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Take 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Prepare 1 orange 🍊, sliced thinly
- Prepare 1 bunch green onions, chopped (use the green part to decorate your plate)
Instructions to make Crockpot Orange 🍊 Teriyaki Chicken:
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken thighs……
- Place thighs into your crockpot……
- Place your sliced onions all over chicken thighs…….
- In a large bowl combine orange juice, water, minced garlic, black pepper, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, ground ginger and brown sugar, mix well…….
- Pour orange juice mixture all over chicken thighs……
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 - 8 hours, or until chicken thighs are fully cooked, stirring occasionally……lightly shred your chicken with two forks while cooking……..Halfway thru cooking I left the lid to my crockpot slightly opened to prevent too much liquid from accumulating in the dish……. 😉
- Serve over a bed of my Instant Chicken Rice, layer with some sliced oranges, top with green onions and enjoy 😉!!!
If you wish to battle depression, try eating some cold water fish. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all rich in omega-3 fats and DHA. These are two substances that promote the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It's true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can seriously elevate your mood.
Some grains are really great for repelling bad moods. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all truly excellent for helping increase your happiness levels. These foods can help you feel full for longer also, helping you feel better. Feeling famished can really bring you down! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are not hard for your stomach to digest. You digest them quicker than other foods which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise.
Your mood can actually be helped by green tea. You just knew green tea had to be in this article somewhere, right? Green tea is loaded with a particular amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies show that this specific amino acid can basically induce brain waves. This helps better your mental focus while calming the rest of your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you be healthier. Now you are aware that it can help you be happier as well!
As you can see, you don't need to stuff your face with junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try several of these instead!
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food crockpot orange 🍊 teriyaki chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!