Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Vitality.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in how we feel. If we eat more healthy foods and a lesser amount of of the detrimental ones we generally feel much better. A little bit of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. This can be a problem, however, when it comes to eating between meals. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Just about the most popular snacks is natural yogurt. In fact, lots of people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we really do not recommend. Low fat yogurt would make a fantastic snack, however. It consists of a lot of calcium, protein, and B vitamins. Yogurt is typically eaten to help manage the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Easy hint: choose unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent approach to delight in a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to healthier baked chicken parmesan recipe. You can have healthier baked chicken parmesan using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan:
- You need 1/2 loaf of crusty rye bread.
- Use 1 lb of skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 2 cups of buttermilk, divided.
- Provide 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Use of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of italian seasoning.
- You need 4 oz of fresh grated parmigian reggiano.
- You need 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- You need 4 of egg whites or 1 cup greek yogurt.
- You need 2 cups of pasta sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella and provologne.
- Provide 125 g of fresh mozzarella.
- Use of fresh basil and oregano as garnish.
Steps to make Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan:
- Cut half of the bread loaf into 1/2 inch slices. Lay out on the counter on a cutting board or somewhere it won't be messed with. We'll be drying these pieces overnight..
- Filet the chicken (make two thinner breasts!). Then using plastic wrap and something with some heft, or a meat mallet if you wanna be proper (I usually use a can of beans or whatever else is lying around) to pound the filets to a 1/4 in thick. Don't be like me and make it a contest to see how thin you can get the chicken, doesn't fare well for anyone involved..
- As they are thinned out place the chicken in a plastic bag. When complete add the buttermilk, garlic, and 1 tbsp salt and pepper to the bag. Work it around to miz up the ingredienta and make sure all the chicken is coated. Then squeeze out the air and place in the fridge. Let chill for 4 hrs up to over night..
- The next day or at last 4 hours later take your dried bread and start to break it apart. I put it in a ziplock bag and smashed it, but you can wreak havoc on the bread however you heart desires. break it down enough to put it in the food processor (or blender if you have one that can handle mixing solids)..
- I used my vitamix and ran the blender on low until you have a sandy consistency. Kinda like bread crumbs, in case you hadn't caught on that's what we're making. Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning to the crumb and about 1/2 of the parmigian. Blend for a few seconds until it looks well mixed. Then add the next half and blend. Voila! You just made homemade bread crumbs that will taste much better than store bought. You can store the bread crumbs for up to a month in the fridge..
- Now it's time to set up you're breading work area. It's really important to get it right. If you do, the process should be relatively clean and quick. If you don't you'll have egg and flour everywhere. You'll need three shallow bowls/pie pans, a large plate, and parchment paper. You're going to fill one bowl with about 1/2 cup of breading, one bowl with the whole wheat flour and another bowl with your wash. To make the wash you can either combine eggs, 2 tbsp buttermilk and a tbsp of flour, or the greek yogurt.
- Now we're ready to start breading. Grab the bag of chicken from the fridge and open that bad boy up. (Note: If while you are doing this you keep a dry hand, for working with the dry ingredients, and make your other hand the wet hand. This will prevent you from developing those small nuggets of useless breading on your hands.).
- First, the chicken goes straight from the bag to the flour. If you drop it on one side of the bowl you can pick up the flour from the other side to coat the top, so you can hopefully keep your dry hand liquid free. Flip a couple times to coat all sides..
- Then move the chicken to the wash. Using your wet hand flip the cutlet a couple times until it is covered entirely with the wash..
- Transfer to the bread crumbs. Once again to prevent a mess you can take bread crumbs from the side or pour some from the remaining half over the chicken. If working with the yogurt press down on the breading to get a flat uniform product. It will appear chunky and cook unevenly. Flip a couple of times to make sure all of the wash is covered. Transfer to the large plate..
- Repeat this process for all the chicken, filling up on ingredients as they get low. When you have one layer of chicken on the plate cover with parchment paper and lay the chicken on top of that. Preheat oven to 400F(~200C).
- Place the chicken in a glass casserole dish and lighhtly spray both sides with vegetable or olive oil. Put in oven for 20 minutes. If at 20 minutes the chicken is still not brown enough turn the broiler on high until you get a nice golden brown.
- Top with tomato sauce, shredded cheese, and fresh mozzarella. Put back in the oven with the broiler stil on high for ten minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown..
- Remove from the oven and let it cool/rest for about 5 minutes. Serve with whole grain pasta served with some fresh chopped herbs..
If you find this Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.