Most of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are terrible and must be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely nourishing and it's good for you to consume them. Some foods really do elevate your mood when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, test out a few of these., pita bread chick pea kidney bean filling with tzatziki sauce.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be truly great at fighting back depression. You must make sure, however, that what you make includes the yolk. Whenever you would like to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most crucial part of the egg. Eggs, particularly the egg yolks, are full of B vitamins. B vitamins can really help you boost your mood. This is because the B vitamins improve the function of your brain's neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Consume an egg and be happy!
Put together a trail mixout of various seeds and nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc are all wonderful for elevating your mood. This is because these foods are rich in magnesium, which helps to raise serotonin levels. Serotonin is the "feel good" chemical that directs your brain how you feel at all times. The more serotonin you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Nuts, on top of bettering your mood, can be a superb source of protein.
Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce is something that I have loved my entire life.
Assemble by cutting pita bread into half. Keep cabbage leaves into the packet. Fill with chick pea and kidney bean filling, then fill with salsa mixture Serve with generous tablespoons of tzatziki sauce. Top with the yogurt dill sauce and sprinkle smoked paprika on top.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pita bread chick pea kidney bean filling with tzatziki sauce using 31 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce:
- Get Pita bread:
- Take 200 grams wheat flour
- Get 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Get 3/4 lukewarm water
- Take 4-5 grams instant dry yeast
- Get Filling:
- Prepare 1/2 cup boiled chickpeas
- Take 1/4 cup boiled kidney beans
- Get 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Get 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Get 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Prepare 1/2 lemon Juice
- Get Salsa:
- Take 1 tomato chopped finely
- Prepare 1 onion chopped finely
- Make ready 1 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped
- Get 1 capsicum finely chopped
- Get 1/2 lemon Juice
- Make ready as per taste Salt
- Get as per taste Black Pepper powder
- Make ready Tzatziki sauce:
- Prepare 1 cup thick yogurt
- Take 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- Prepare 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
- Take 2 crushed garlic
- Prepare as needed Salt to season
- Get as needed Black pepper powder to season
- Make ready 1/2 cucumber finely grated
- Take 1/2 carrot finely grated
- Take 5-6 cabbage or lettuce leaves
Top each with yogurt mixture; fold other half of pita over filling. Toss to coat the chickpeas evenly. Then cook for another minute or two until the chickpeas are crispy but not burned. Serve with fresh pita bread, homemade yogurt sauce, cucumber, tomato, red onion, fresh dill and crumbled feta.
Steps to make Pita Bread Chick Pea Kidney bean filling with Tzatziki sauce:
- Soak kidney beans and chick peas for 6-8 hours. Boil them until soft and mushy.
- For Pita, prepare brine by mixing lukewarm water and yeast. Let it froth up for 5-10 minutes.
- Roast flax seeds and grind to powder
- In a bowl add wheat flour, flaxseed powder, salt and mix well with spoon or fork.
- Add the brine and mix into a sticky dough, use some water if required.
- Cover and let the dough ferment for a few hours. It took me 2 hours on a sunny morning.
- Once the dough is fermented, lightly knead it for 1/2 a minute. Divide it into 4-6 equal parts.
- Preheat oven @200C.
- Dust with dry flour. Roll out thick discs of 1/4 inch without putting much pressure.
- Place the discs on a baking tray. Bake at the same temperature for 8-10 minutes on one side and 3-4 minutes on the other side.
- Make filling: Mix kidney beans and chick peas in a bowl, add salt, peppers, lemon juice. Mix well and set aside.
- You can also roast on a hot tawa.
- Make salsa: Mix all chopped vegetables, lemon juice, salt, pepper and set aside.
- Make tzatziki sauce: If your curd is thick, put it in a muslin cloth and hang it for 1 hour or so, the excess water will be drained.
- Wash, peel and fine grate cucumber, add 1/8 teaspoon salt and leave for 3-5 minutes. Squeeze the excess liquid and use the flesh.
- Finely grate carrot, chop mint and coriander leaves, crush the garlic pods
- Take this thick curd or yogurt in a bowl add cucumber flesh, grated carrot, chopped leaves, crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well
- Assemble by cutting pita bread into half. Keep cabbage leaves into the packet.
- Fill with chick pea and kidney bean filling, then fill with salsa mixture
- Serve with generous tablespoons of tzatziki sauce.
Then cook for another minute or two until the chickpeas are crispy but not burned. Serve with fresh pita bread, homemade yogurt sauce, cucumber, tomato, red onion, fresh dill and crumbled feta. See more ideas about pitta bread, recipes, filling snacks. The Spruce Pita bread's best-known stuffing is the classic falafel (fried chickpea balls). Typically paired with an Israeli salad of diced tomatoes, diced cucumbers, and sliced onions, the whole sandwich is drizzled with tahini sauce.
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you want to battle depression. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. These are two things that raise the quality and the function of your brain's grey matter. It's true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can earnestly elevate your mood.
Some grains are actually excellent for driving away bad moods. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all excellent for helping you be in a happier state of mind. They help you feel full as well which can actually help to improve your mood. It's not difficult to feel a little bit off when you are starving! The reason these grains help your mood so much is that they are not difficult for your body to digest. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood.
Green tea is wonderful for moods. You just knew green tea had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is loaded with a particular amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has proved that this amino acid induces the production of brain waves. This will improve your brain's concentration while at the same relaxing the rest of your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you be healthier. Now you know it can help you be happier also!
Now you know that junk food isn't necessarily what you have to eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try a couple of of these tips instead.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food pita bread chick pea kidney bean filling with tzatziki sauce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!