Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli and Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli and Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Vitality Goodies.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of well being. Increasing our consumption of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more healthy feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. This can be a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between snacks. Shopping for snacks can be a struggle because you have so many options. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain snacks are an excellent choice for a fast wholesome snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch break. When you need a fast snack food on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Deciding on whole grain snacks is always better than eating the refined grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli and cheddar soup recipe. You can have broccoli and cheddar soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Broccoli and Cheddar Soup:
- Get 50 grams of butter.
- Get 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Get 350 grams of broccoli cut into small pieces.
- Get 2 of leeks finely chopped.
- Use 1 of carrot finely chopped.
- Use 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Take 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Use 250 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 450 ml of milk.
- Prepare 200 grams of cheddar cheese grated or cut into small pieces.
Instructions to make Broccoli and Cheddar Soup:
- Saute onion and leeks in butter in a large pan over a moderate heat until soft..
- Add enough milk to flour to make a smooth paste. Add to pan along with salt and pepper. Cook until starting to bubble..
- Add rest of milk and chicken stock..
- Reduce heat and add carrots, cook for about 5 mins. Keep an eye on the pan so it doesn't boil over..
- Add broccoli and cook until starting to thicken. Stir often..
- Add cheese a little at a time and keep tasting until you get the desired taste. You can use any cheese but strong cheese will need a small amount, weaker cheese will need more. But it's all about taste..
- Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy..
If you find this Broccoli and Cheddar Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.