Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are many diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato soup with maple sour cream and candied bacon recipe. To make sweet potato soup with maple sour cream and candied bacon you need 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon:
- Get 4 tablespoons of Unsalted Butter.
- Provide 2 of shallots thinly sliced.
- Take 4 sprigs of fresh Thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Peels From the Sweet Potatoes.
- Use 4 1/4 cup of water.
- Get 2 Pounds of Sweet Potatoes.
- Take 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Use 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Use of For the garnish.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of brown sugar.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Provide 1 cup of sour cream.
- Get 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- Get 4-6 slices of bacon.
- You need of Green onions or chives thinly sliced enough to top the soup.
Instructions to make Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon:
- Peel the Sweet Potatoes saving ¼ cup of the peels. Then cut the potatoes in half-length wise, then slice ½ inch thick cuts width wise..
- Melt butter in pot then add the shallots and thyme and cook for about 5 min till soft..
- Now add the water and bring the water to just to it begins to boil and then turn off the heat and add the sweet potatoes and the peels into the pot and let everything steep for 20 min. With a cover on the pot.
- After the 20 min add the Table spoon of Brown Sugar, ½ teaspoon of cider vinegar, 1 ½ teaspoons of kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper..
- Turn the heat back on and bring to almost boiling again once it reaches to a simmer cook for 10 min on medium heat..
- While you wait cut the bacon into small strips and begin to cook the bacon until crispy. Drain the fat away and then place the bacon back into the pan and add the 3 teaspoons of brown sugar and the Cider Vinegar..
- Cook until the sugar dissolves and is well coated the bacon. Place onto a plate once the bacon is done..
- Once the Potatoes are done cooking remove the thyme sprigs and spoon the potatoes and peels into the blender but only fill it about half way. Puree until smooth. Work in batches until all the potatoes and peels are completely smooth. Place back everything back into the pot..
- Mix the Sour Cream with the maple syrup.
- Place the soup into the bowl add the maple sour cream and then add the candied bacon around the soup. And chives or green onions Enjoy..
If you find this Sweet Potato Soup With Maple Sour Cream and Candied Bacon recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.