Mostly, people have been taught to believe that "comfort" foods are terrible for the body and need to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. At times, comfort foods can be utterly nourishing and good for us to eat. There are some foods that, when you consume them, may better your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these., florida beef n' bean chili (quick version).
Eggs, you might be amazed to find out, are fantastic at fighting depression. Just see to it that you don't throw away the egg yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, particularly the egg yolks, are loaded with B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be great for raising your mood. This is because they help in bettering the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that affect your mood. Eat a couple of eggs to cheer up!
Make several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc are all great for raising your mood. This is possible as these foods are high in magnesium which promotes your production of serotonin. Serotonin is referred to as the "feel good" chemical substance and it tells your brain how you should be feeling all the time. The higher your serotonin levels, the more pleasant you will feel. Nuts, on top of elevating your mood, can be a super protein source.
You may substitute additional beef instead of the beans for a meatier, bean-less (Texan) chili. If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Florida Beef n' Bean Chili (Quick Version) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Florida Beef n' Bean Chili (Quick Version) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Florida Beef n' Bean Chili (Quick Version) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have florida beef n' bean chili (quick version) using 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Florida Beef n' Bean Chili (Quick Version):
- Prepare 3 tbsp European-style Butter (Rich Gold, Salted)
- Take Whole Sweet Onion (Chopped)
- Make ready Garlic (1 Minced Clove)
- Take Jalapeño (Minced)
- Get 1/2 Poblano Pepper (Minced)
- Prepare 2 lbs Ground Beef
- Prepare 60 oz Tomato Juice
- Take 2 Tomatoes (Diced)
- Prepare 16 oz Kidney Beans
- Prepare 16 oz Pinto Beans
- Prepare 8 oz Chickpeas
- Get 2 tsp Condensed Chicken Bullion
- Prepare 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Prepare 3/4 tsp Basil
- Get 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Salt
- Prepare 1/8 tsp Ground Cumin
- Make ready 3 oz Orange Juice
- Prepare 1 oz Hot Sauce
- Prepare (Optional) Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, Chives
This is the quick (more practical) version that does not. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Brown beef in the drippings over medium heat; drain.
Steps to make Florida Beef n' Bean Chili (Quick Version):
- Prepare the vegetables - diced Tomato, chopped Sweet Onion, minced Garlic, minced Poblano, minced Jalapeño. You may want to remove the seeds from the Jalapeño depending on desired spiciness.
- Brown the Ground Beef in a skillet with a tablespoon of butter. Partially drain the beef. You may substitute additional beef instead of the beans for a meatier, bean-less (Texan) chili.
- In a large soup pot, sauté with Garlic the Sweet Onion, Poblano, and Jalapeño in 2 tbsp of butter. Continuously stir. The Sweet Onion should start to turn transparent when sautéed.
- Add the Ground Beef, Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans, Chickpeas, and then Tomato Juice.
- Stir in the Chicken Bullion, Brown Sugar, White Pepper, Chili Powder, Salt, Cumin, Basil, and Hot Sauce; alter to taste.
- Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add the diced Tomatoes and Orange Juice.
- Simmer uncovered for as long as convenient - up to 5hrs if possible. Cover when the chili reaches desired thickness (no longer watery).
- Optionally serve with Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, and Chives.
Remove to paper towels to drain. Brown beef in the drippings over medium heat; drain. In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Grab a ladle and serve up one of these bean chili recipes from Food Network, whether you like red-hot, smoky or mild chili. "This chili recipe has now won us two chili cook-off blue ribbons! It is still our only chili recipe.
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you wish to fight depression. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3s. These are two substances that increase the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It's true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you fight back depression.
It's not difficult to fight your bad mood when you eat grains. Barley, quinoa, millet, teff, etc are all great for helping you be in a happier state of mind. These foods fill you up better and that can help you with your moods also. Feeling famished can be awful! These grains can elevate your mood since it's easy for your body to digest them. You digest these grains more quickly than other foods which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel more pleasant, mood wise.
Green tea is excellent for moods. You were simply expecting to read that in this article, weren't you? Green tea is high in a specific amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have found that this specific amino acid can actually stimulate brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while simultaneously calming your body. You were already aware that that green tea helps you be a lot healthier. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood also!
So you see, you don't need to consume all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Test out these suggestions instead!
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food florida beef n' bean chili (quick version) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!