A lot of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are terrible and should be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be very nourishing and good for you. There are some foods that actually can raise your moods when you eat them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try some of these., simple peanut butter cookies.
Eggs, believe it or not, are great for helping you fight depression. You must be sure, however, that what you make includes the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, the yolks particularly, are loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins can really help you elevate your mood. This is because the B vitamins improve the function of your brain's neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Try to eat an egg and feel happier!
Make a trail mixout of a variety of seeds and nuts. Your mood can be elevated by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and so on. This is possible because these foods are high in magnesium which raises your production of serotonin. Serotonin is referred to as the "feel good" chemical substance and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The higher your levels of serotonin, the better you are going to feel. Nuts, on top of bettering your mood, can be a super source of protein.
Simple Peanut Butter Cookies is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Simple Peanut Butter Cookies is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook simple peanut butter cookies using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Prepare 3/4 cup smooth creamy peanut butter
- Prepare 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Get 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Take 1 large egg
- Get 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (or substitute all-purpose flour)
- Take 1/2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1/2 tsp baking soda
Instructions to make Simple Peanut Butter Cookies:
- In a small bowl, pour in the flour, salt and baking soda and whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, add in the peanut butter, egg and sugar.
- With a spatula, mix till everything is well combined.
- Then, add in the dry ingredients and fold it in with the spatula to form a dough. Add a splash of water if the dough is too stiff to work with.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Measure 1 and 1/2 tbsp of the cookie dough and roll it into a ball in your palms. Place the dough balls on the cookie sheet, leaving spaces in between.
- Press the dough balls down with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees fahrenheit for about 15 minutes on the center rack.
- Take them out when baked and let them cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes to firm up before picking them up.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
Cold water fish are great for eating if you are wanting to fight depression. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they're all chock-full of omega-3s and DHA. These are two substances that promote the quality and function of the gray matter in your brain. It's the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can actually help you overcome your depression.
Some grains are really excellent for driving away bad moods. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all really great for helping boost your happiness levels. They help you feel full as well which can actually help to improve your mood. It's not hard to feel low when you feel hungry! The reason these grains are so good for your mood is that they are not difficult to digest. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood.
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You were simply anticipating to read that, weren't you? Green tea is rich in a specific amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have discovered that this amino acid essentially induces brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while at the same time calming your body. You were already aware that that green tea helps you become a lot healthier. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood as well!
As you can see, you don't need to stuff your face with junk food when you want to feel better! Go with these tips instead!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food simple peanut butter cookies recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!