Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow Cooker Lasagna recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Lasagna recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker lasagna recipe. You can cook slow cooker lasagna using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Slow Cooker Lasagna:
- Take of Meat Sauce:.
- Provide 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Take 1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Use 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 can (29 oz.) of tomato sauce (or crushed tomatoes).
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Use 1/2 cup of water.
- You need Pinch of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tsp. of each dried parsley, dried basil.
- Provide 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Provide To taste of salt and pepper.
- Get of Cheesy Filling:.
- Prepare 1 container (15 oz.) of Ricotta Cheese.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Take 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Get 2 tsp. of dried parsley.
- Use 1 tsp. of dried basil.
- Use Pinch of salt and pepper.
- Take of Other things you need:.
- Get 6-8 of lasagna noodles (not oven ready).
- You need 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Take 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan.
Steps to make Slow Cooker Lasagna:
- Grease your slow cooker well and set aside. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions and the beef. Cook and break up the beef until it is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat, if needed..
- Stir in the garlic and let it cook until fragrant, just a minute or so. Then stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, sugar and seasonings. Let this simmer for 5-10 minutes just to let the flavors meld together. Then remove it from the heat and set aside..
- In a large bowl, mix the ricotta, egg, seasonings, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Set that aside..
- In the bottom of the slow cooker, spread about 1 cup of sauce…more if needed to completely coat the bottom. Place 2-3 of the lasagna noodles over the meat sauce, breaking them up to fit as best you can..
- Place about a third of the ricotta mixture over the noodles and spread it all over..
- Repeat this process. I get 3 layers altogether. After the last layer of ricotta mixture, spread over the last of the meat sauce. Top with the 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and the 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. At this point you could always place the lid on and store it in the fridge until ready to cook..
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the noodles are tender. Then scoop it out the best you can and serve immediately..
If you find this Slow Cooker Lasagna recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.