Many of us have been taught to believe that comfort foods are bad and should be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this holds true. Other times, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to consume. There are several foods that actually can raise your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you're needing an emotional pick me up, try several of these., coconut cheesecake.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be actually terrific at fighting back depression. Just make sure that you don't toss out the yolk. Whenever you would like to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolk particularly, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can truly help you improve your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that control your mood. Try eating a few eggs to jolly up!
Make a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all fantastic for helping to elevate your mood. This is possible since these foods are rich in magnesium which raises serotonin production. Serotonin is known as the "feel good" substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more of it in your brain, the happier you'll feel. Nuts, in addition to bettering your mood, can be a super protein source.
Coconut Cheesecake is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Coconut Cheesecake is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have coconut cheesecake using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Cheesecake:
- Prepare For the Base:
- Take 6 oz Marie biscuits (or any other plain tea biscuit)
- Get 3 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- Take as needed, coconut oil to grease the cake pan
- Get For the Filling:
- Get 6 oz granulated sugar
- Make ready 1.25 lbs cream cheese, at room temperature
- Get 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Get 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Make ready 2 eggs
- Take 1 egg yolk
- Take 3 oz heavy whipping cream (30-40% fat)
- Get 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- Make ready For the Topping:
- Get 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Make ready to taste blackberry marmalade (optional)
Instructions to make Coconut Cheesecake:
- Grease an 8" springform cake pan (I use coconut oil for this, because, you know… coconut cheesecake).
- Make the base. Place biscuits in Thermomix, pulverize 5sec/sp10. Scrape powder from the sides.
- Add butter and mix: 5min/120°F/sp2. Empty mixture into the cake pan and press firmly to obtain a uniform base. Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Make the filling: place sugar in Thermomix and pulverize 15sec/sp10. Insert Butterfly Whisk. Add cream cheese, flour & vanilla extract. Whisk 2min/sp3.5
- Scrape mixture from the sides with the spatula. Add eggs, egg yolk, whipping cream and shredded coconut. Mix 20sec/sp3.5.
- Pour mixture into the cake pan. Sprinkle with the additional coconut.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. You can serve either as-is or you can top with blackberry (or your favorite) marmalade. Enjoy!
Cold water fish are excellent if you wish to be in a better mood. Herring, trout, tuna, wild salmon, and mackerel are all high in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that actually help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It's the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can really help you fight your depression.
It's easy to fight your bad mood when you consume grains. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all great for helping you feel better. These foods fill you up better and that can help improve your moods also. Feeling famished can really make you feel awful! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood.
Green tea is really great for your mood. You were simply waiting to read that here, weren't you? Green tea is rich in a certain amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while simultaneously calming your body. You probably already knew how easy it is to get healthy when you drink green tea. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood also!
So you see, you don't need to eat junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Go with these hints instead!
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food coconut cheesecake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!