Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Classic Lasagna recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Classic Lasagna recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. If you currently consume plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to classic lasagna recipe. You can cook classic lasagna using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Classic Lasagna:
- You need 1/2 lb of Ground pork sausage (I like jimmy deans).
- Take 1 lb of Organic lean ground beef.
- You need 1 of Diced Small white onion.
- Take 3 clove of Garlic, minced or finely shopped.
- Use 1 can of 16 oz crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of Tomato paste.
- Use 1/4 tbsp of Dried oregano.
- Use 1 dash of Fennel seeds.
- Take 1 tbsp of Kosher salt.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of Ground black pepper.
- Get 2 of Basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 packages of Whole milk ricotta cheese.
- Provide 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of Cottage cheese.
- Use 1 packages of Shredded mozzarella.
- You need 1 packages of Sliced mozzarella.
- Use 1/2 bunch of Italian flat lead parsley.
- Get 1 packages of Oven ready (no boil) lasagna noodles.
- You need 1 of as needed Olive oil.
Instructions to make Classic Lasagna:
- In large pot, brown pork. and ground beef. When browned remove beef to drain fat.
- While meat is in colander to drain fat, add diced onion to pot-let them sweat on high heat for about 6 minutes. Add meat back to pan.
- Add 3 garlic cloves minced, let it combine and heat for about two or three minutes..
- Add can of tomato paste, and can of crushed tomatoes..
- Add fennel, oregano, salt and pepper. Drop in basil leaves. Stir, simmer in low heat and cover for an hour.
- While sauce is simmering, start on cheese mixture: combine ricotta, eggs, 1/4 cup of the shredded mozzarella , cottage cheese and some finely diced parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Before you put anything in 9 x 13 baking dish-coat lightly with olive oil…then add a layer of meat sauce to bottom of the baking dish. Add no boil noodles. Add layer of ricotta cheese. Add slices of mozzarella , enough to cover the layer before it. Add another layer of meat sauce. Add another layer of noodles. Add another layer of ricotta. Add one last layer or noodles. Add all remaining meat sauce. Cover with what's left of mozzarella slices and shredded mozzarella. Add a sprinkling of olive oil over the top.
- Cover with foil and place in fridge over night, or 6 hours before baking.
- When ready to bake, set oven at 375 and cover lasagna loosely with foil.
- Bake for 30 mins. Then, remove foil and bake for 10 mins..
- Set broiler on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove lasagna from oven and let stand for at least 10 mins before slicing..
If you find this Classic Lasagna recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.