Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Yellow lentil soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Yellow lentil soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Snacks.
Healthy and balanced eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of healthy foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. A salad helps us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have countless options. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
If you are looking for a fast snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A slice of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning hours. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be fantastic for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Choosing whole grain snacks is always better than eating the processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily available. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to yellow lentil soup recipe. To cook yellow lentil soup you only need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Yellow lentil soup:
- Provide 2 cups of yellow lentils, washed and drained.
- Take 1/4 cup of white rice, washed and drained.
- Prepare 1 of small potato, peeled and cut into cubes.
- Get 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- Take 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Take of For serving: optional.
- Get 1 of loaf pita bread, roasted.
- Get 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Instructions to make Yellow lentil soup:
- In a saucepan, put the lentils, potato cubes, rice and 8 cups of water. Allow to boil on high heat for around 40 min..
- Strain and reserve the cooking water..
- Put the lentil, rice and potato mixture in a food processor and blend while gradually adding some of the reserved water until you get a smooth, soup-like consistency..
- In a skillet, fry the onion with the vegetable oil until golden and soft..
- Pour the soup in a cooking pot on medium heat and add the fried onions, cumin, and salt. Stir for 5 min until soup thickens..
- Finally, pour the soup in a deep bowl and garnish with fresh parsley..
- A tasty addition to this delicious soup would be a squeeze of lemon and some roasted pita bread pieces that you sprinkle on top of the soup once it’s served..
If you find this Yellow lentil soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.