Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Opting to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making a couple of small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you probably purchase a lot of food items out of habit. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One wholesome option that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lauren's pinto beans and ham recipe. You can have lauren's pinto beans and ham using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham:
- Take 2 pounds of pinto beans.
- Use 6 of ham slices (I use already cooked).
- You need 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mustard (secret ingredient).
- Use 1 tbsp of worsteshire sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of beef soup base.
- Get 1 of medium yellow onion.
- Provide 5 of garlic cloves (minced).
- Prepare of Spices.
- Use 1 tsp of ground mustard.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- Provide 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Get 1 tsp of thyme.
- Take 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Take 1/8 tsp of ground cayenne pepper.
- Take to taste of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham:
- Soak beans for 10 mins..
- Add the water, soup base, onion garlic, mustard and all the seasonings..
- Boil for 30 minutes then turn heat to medium and put a lid on and let simmer for 4 hours or until done or Place in a crock pot on high for 3 hours or until done. Garnish with green onions and a slice of warm cornbread..
If you find this Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.