Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Power Goodies.
We are very mindful that eating healthy meals can help us truly feel better in our bodies. If we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. A little bit of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, nevertheless, when it comes to eating between goodies. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
Eating almonds is a wonderful alternative as long as you do not have a nut allergy. As an all-in-one vitality booster, almonds provide many health benefits. These nuts possess plenty of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. They do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme that renders you tired after eating turkey. When it comes to almonds, however, they wont cause you to yearn for a nap. Rather they will merely help your muscles and digestive system relax while also helping you feel less burned out. Almonds typically provide a general increased feeling of well-being.
There are lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea soup recipe. You can have chickpea soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chickpea Soup:
- Get 2 1/4 cups of dried chickpeas, soaked overnight (19 oz can).
- Take 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves finely chopped.
- Get 1 lb of swiss chard trimmed and finely sliced.
- Use 2 of fresh rosemary sprigs.
- Prepare 14 oz of can chopped tomatoes.
- Take of Salt and pepper.
- Take Slices of toasted bread, to serve.
Steps to make Chickpea Soup:
- Drain the chickpeas and put in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to a boil, using a slotted spoon to skim off any foam. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1-1 1/4 hours, or until tender, adding water if necessary..
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving the cooking water. Season the chickpeas with salt and pepper. Put 2/3 in a food processor or blender with some of the cooking water and process until smooth, adding more cooking water as needed. Return to the saucepan..
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, then add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion has softened. Add the chard and rosemary sprigs and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and remaining chickpeas and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes have broken down to an almost smooth sauce. Remove the rosemary sprigs..
- Add the chard and tomato mixture to the chickpea puree and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary..
- Serve in warmed soup bowls with warm slices of toasted bread on the side..
If you find this Chickpea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.