Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, merely making some modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. Although you may already consume lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli blue cheese soup recipe. You can cook broccoli blue cheese soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Broccoli blue cheese soup:
- Provide of Ingredients.
- Prepare 2 of cube (or tsp) chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 pinch of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Use 1 pinch of cajun seasoning or cayenne pepper.
- Provide 2 tbsp of wheat flour.
- Get 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- Prepare 60 grams of blue cheese.
- Get 1/2 of carrot or parsnip.
- Use 30 grams of butter.
- Get 150 ml of heavy cream.
- Prepare 4 cup of hot water.
- Take 1 head of Broccoli (or 2).
- Use 1/2 cup of dried potato flakes.
Steps to make Broccoli blue cheese soup:
- Wash and Cut the broccoli head and carrot or parsnip finely.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the carrot finely chopped until butter begins to Brown.
- Add finely chopped broccoli head and 2 cups water. I like to cut the outer 'skin' off the stalk and add the soft part off the stalk finely chopped also, but leave it out if you want. Feed the scraps to your rabbit if you have one..
- Add a generous amount of pepper and the chicken stock. add the wheat flour.
- Bring to boil for 10 minutes and use a potato masher to mush things up a bit. This step determines the texture of your soup so leave it boiling longer for a thicker smooth soup our shorter for a crunchy thinner soup..
- Add the rest of water and corn flour, add spices and reduce heat..
- Once it's on a gentle simmer to avoid splitting, add cream and blue cheese..
- Add remaining seasoning and potato flakes. Taste the soup to see if anything is missing for your preferences..
- This should easily feed 2 hungry people. Double the recipe for left-overs to freeze or have up to 2 days later (the taste will get stronger)..
- Hopefully your wonderful wife is just pulling the flatbread out of the oven about now (mine sure was). Serve and enjoy.
If you find this Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.