Many of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are terrible and to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nourishing and it's good for you to consume them. A number of foods honestly do improve your mood when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you're in need of a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these., 🥒🥕celery and carrot soup🥕🥒.
Eggs, you might be amazed to find out, are great at battling depression. You need to be sure, though, that what you make includes the yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that matters most in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, the egg yolk in particular, are stuffed full of B vitamins. These B vitamins are terrific for helping to boost your mood. This is because they help in bettering the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that dictate your mood. Eat some eggs to cheer up!
Make a trail mixfrom different seeds and nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all helpful for elevating your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which boosts your brain's serotonin levels. Serotonin is the "feel good" chemical substance that dictates to your brain how you feel all the time. The higher your serotonin levels, the more pleasant you will feel. Nuts, on top of bettering your mood, can be a super source of protein.
🥒🥕Celery and Carrot Soup🥕🥒 is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. 🥒🥕Celery and Carrot Soup🥕🥒 is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have 🥒🥕celery and carrot soup🥕🥒 using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make 🥒🥕Celery and Carrot Soup🥕🥒:
- Make ready 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Get 200 g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- Get 500 ml vegetable stock
- Take 1 carrot peeld cut into small chunks
- Make ready 100 ml milk
- Prepare to taste Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Take crusty bread, to serve
Instructions to make 🥒🥕Celery and Carrot Soup🥕🥒:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, tip in the celery, garlic and potatoes and coat in the oil. Add a splash of water and a big pinch of salt and cook, stirring regularly for 15 mins, adding a little more water if the veg begins to stick.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 20 mins further, until the potatoes are falling apart and the celery is soft. Use a stick blender to purée the soup, then pour in the milk and blitz again add the carrot chunks cook untill carrot chunks fully cooked. Season to taste. Serve with crusty bread.
- 5 #Healthy_Benefits of Adding Celery to Your #Diet - - #Medically_reviewed by #Natalie #Butler, RD, LD on February 24, 2016 — Written by #Jessica #Timmons - - At just 10 calories a stalk, celery’s claim to fame may be that it’s long been considered a low-calorie “diet food.” - - But crispy, crunchy celery actually has a number of health benefits that may surprise you. Here are five reasons you should consider adding celery to your diet, plus a few recipes to make it easy.
- Celery is a great source of important antioxidants. - Antioxidants protect cells, blood vessels, and organs from oxidative damage. - - Celery contains vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids, but there are at least 12 additional kinds of antioxidant nutrients found in a single stalk. It’s also a wonderful source of phytonutrients, which have been shown to reduce instances of inflammation in the digestive tract, cells, blood vessels, and organs.
- Celery reduces inflammation. - Chronic inflammation has been linked to many illnesses, including arthritis and osteoporosis. Celery and celery seeds have approximately 25 anti-inflammatory compounds that can offer protection against inflammation in the body.
- Celery supports digestion. - While its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients offer protection to the entire digestive tract, celery may offer special benefits to the stomach. - - Pectin-based polysaccharides in celery, including a compound known as apiuman, have been shown to decrease instances of stomach ulcers, improve the lining of the stomach, and modulate stomach secretions in animal studies.
- And then there’s the high water content of celery — almost 95 percent — plus generous amounts of soluble and insoluble fiber. All of those support a healthy digestive tract and keep you regular. One cup of celery sticks has 5 grams of dietary fiber.
- Celery is rich in vitamins and minerals with a low glycemic index. - You’ll enjoy vitamins A, K, and C, plus minerals like potassium and folate when you eat celery. It’s also low in sodium. Plus, it’s low on the glycemic index, meaning it has a slow, steady effect on your blood sugar.
- Celery has an alkalizing effect. - With minerals like magnesium, iron, and sodium, celery can have a neutralizing effect on acidic foods — not to mention the fact that these minerals are necessary for essential bodily functions.
If you want to defeat depression, you should eat some cold water fish. Wild salmon, herring, mackerel, trout, and tuna are all high in omega-3 fats and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It's true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can really help you fight depression.
Some grains are truly great for fighting off bad moods. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all actually great for helping boost your happiness levels. They help you feel full as well which can truly help to improve your mood. It's not hard to feel a little bit off when you are starving! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are not hard for your body to digest and process. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, raises your mood.
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You were simply anticipating to read that, weren't you? Green tea has been found to be chock-full of an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have discovered that this amino acid basically induces brain waves. This will improve your brain's concentration while also relaxing the rest of your body. You likely already knew how easy it is to get healthy when you drink green tea. Now you are well aware that green tea helps you to raise your moods as well!
So you see, you don't need to eat all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try several of these instead!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food 🥒🥕celery and carrot soup🥕🥒 recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!