Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best South Indian lunch recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to South Indian lunch recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that offer You Power.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of well being. Increasing our daily allowance of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more balanced feeling. A bit of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are a few healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Try eating almonds if you don’t suffer from nut allergies. Almonds have a multitude of health and fitness benefits and are an excellent choice when you need a shot of energy. These types of nuts possess quite a lot of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. They actually do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme that renders you tired after eating turkey. But whenever you eat almonds, you don’t feel like you should sleep a while. Rather, these nuts aid in reducing stress and provide a relaxing feeling throughout your body. Your emotional state is often lifted by just eating almonds.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to south indian lunch recipe. You can have south indian lunch using 37 ingredients and 51 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare South Indian lunch:
- Provide of Ingredients for idli.
- Prepare 3 cup of Idli rice.
- Take 3/4 cup of Sabudana / sago.
- Use 1 cup of Whole skinless urad dal.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Use of Ingredients for dosa.
- Prepare 1 cup of Raw rice.
- Use 1 cup of Idli rice.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Urad dal.
- Use 2 tsp of Chana dal.
- Take 1/4 cup of Poha/ aval/ flattened rice.
- Get as needed of Salt.
- Take of Ingredients for sambar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Toor dal heaped.
- Prepare 1 of Potato.
- Use 10 of Shallots (small onion).
- Prepare 2 of Green chilli.
- Get 1 of Tomato.
- Get 1 tsp of Tamarind small marble size.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of Jaggery powdered.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida.
- You need 2 tsp of Curry leaves.
- Use 1 tsp of Coriander leaves.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of To Temper.
- Provide 3/4 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Provide 1 spring of Curry leaves.
- Use 1 pinch of Asafoetida.
- Provide 2 tsp of Oil.
- Prepare of Ingredients for coconut chutney.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Grated coconut.
- Provide 2 tsp of Fried gram dal (pottukadalai).
- Take 2 of Green chillies.
- Prepare As needed of water.
- Take to taste of salt.
Steps to make South Indian lunch:
- METHOD OF IDLI*.
- Take the fermented batter. No need to mix again,use the batter as it is..
- Meanwhile keep the steamer ready. Line the moulds with cotton cloth or grease the idli moulds with little oil.
- Pour the batter in each mould. While keeping the plates on the stand second plate deep mould should be over the holes of the first plate..
- Steam it for 10 to 12 mins on medium flame..
- Once done remove the stand from the steamer and keep aside for 1 min to cool..
- Remove the plate from the stand and invert over a plate. Remove the idli plate and sprinkle some water over the backside of the cooked idlis. Slowly separate the cloth from the Idlis. Soft fluffy Idlis are ready to serve..
- METHOD OF DOSA*.
- Firstly, in a large bowl, soak 3 cups of rice and methi seeds for at least 5 hours. furthermore, soak urad dal for 3 hours..
- Drain the water from urad dal and keep aside. transfer the soaked urad dal into blender and blend to smooth and fluffy batter..
- Collect it into a large bowl and keep aside. further, blend the soaked rice along with poha adding water if required. transfer to the bowl of urad dal batter..
- Mix well making sure the batter has combined completely. also clean the sides with your hand..
- Cover and ferment in a warm place for 8- 12 hours. the next day you can see the batter has raised well indicating it's well fermented..
- Further scoop the required batter in a different bowl. and add salt to the batter and mix well..
- Furthermore, heat griddle and pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion thin circle..
- Also smear a little oil over it. then cover the dosa for a minute and cook till the bottom of dosa turns golden brown. finally, fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll and serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambar.
- METHOD OF SAMBHAR*.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan..
- Add the mustard seed.Once it crackles add the methi seeds followed by red chilli, curry leaves, asafoetida and shallots fry till the onion turns golden brown..
- Lower the flame. Add the grated coconut and fry till light brown..
- Add the sambhar powder and fry for 3 – 4 seconds[ be careful the masala powder should not burn].
- Immediately add the tamarind juice and jaggery..
- Increase the flame to medium and cook till oil separates and raw smell of tamarind leaves..
- Add the ladies finger and mix well..
- Add the dal and boil for few minutes..
- Once done garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves..
- Ready to serve.
- METHOD OF CHUTNEY*.
- First grind coconut, chilli, daria dal and salt together without water..
- Then add warm water according to the consistency you want and grind..
- For thick chutney grind it coarsely and add less water..
- For thin chutney grind to a smooth paste and add more water..
- Transfer it to a bowl..
- Heat oil in a pan..
- Add mustard seeds and urad dal..
- Once they splutter add curryleaves.
- Ready to serve.
- METHOD OF Rava KESARI*.
- Firstly, heat 2 tbsp ghee / clarified butter and roast 10 cashews, 1 tbsp raisins on low flame..
- Once the cashews turn golden brown, keep aside. now in the same ghee roast ½ cup bombay rava..
- Use fin
e / coarse variety rava. roast on low flame for 5 minutes or till it turns aromatic. keep aside..
- In a large kadai boil 1 cup water..
- Keeping the flame on low, add in ½ cup roasted bombay rava. stir continuously till the rava absorbs water and no lumps are formed..
- Further add ¾ cup sugar (add ½-1 cup depending on sweetness you prefer). keeping the flame on low, stir well till the sugar dissolves..
- Furthermore add 2 tbsp saffron water or kesari food colour. (soak few treads of saffron in 2 tbsp of warm water for 15 minutes).
- Also and ¼ cup ghee and stir continuously..
- Make sure the mixture is combined well and no lumps are present..
- Cover and simmer for 2 minutes or till rava gets cooked well completely..
- Additionally add roasted cashews, raisins and ¼ tsp cardamom power..
- Mix well till the rava kesari separates from pan..
- Finally, serve rava kesari / kesari bath as a dessert..
If you find this South Indian lunch recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.