Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Indian Vegetable Curry with Eggplant and Bell Pepper recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Indian Vegetable Curry with Eggplant and Bell Pepper recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian Vegetable Curry with Eggplant and Bell Pepper recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a couple of minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you no longer wish to eat. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A great healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to indian vegetable curry with eggplant and bell pepper recipe. To make indian vegetable curry with eggplant and bell pepper you need 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Indian Vegetable Curry with Eggplant and Bell Pepper:
- Use 4 of Eggplants (slim Japanese type).
- Take 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 2 medium of Tomatoes, or canned tomatoes.
- Get 1 of Bell pepper (potato is better).
- Prepare 1 of half the size of your thumb Ginger.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- Take 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ☆Turmeric.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of ☆Coriander.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Garam masala.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Provide 1 of Salt.
Steps to make Indian Vegetable Curry with Eggplant and Bell Pepper:
- Cut the eggplants in half. Mince the onion, garlic, and ginger. You can also mince them separately in a food processor..
- Dice the tomatoes. Again, you can just use a food processor if you want to make this easier..
- Cut the bell pepper into bite sized pieces. Normally, I would recommend using boiled potatoes; we just didn't have any at the time..
- Put the eggplants into a deep container, and either microwave for about 10 minutes, or toast evenly in an oven toaster. Once they're done, peel the skin..
- Peel the skin using a fork or spoon, and set aside the fleshy part. Be careful since it's hot..
- In a frying pan with oil, stir-fry the bell pepper for about a minute (and set aside)..
- Heat oil in the same frying pan, and sauté the cumin seeds. There will be some popping sounds..
- Thoroughly sauté the minced ginger and garlic with oil..
- Add onion, and continue sautéing until translucent. It usually takes about 5 minutes. Add all the ☆ spices and mix well..
- Add tomatoes, and sauté until it becomes paste-like and some oil comes out. This extra step is crucial in making Indian curry..
- Add the peeled eggplants into the paste from Step 10 and stir. Mix the eggplants well by mashing with a spatula..
- It'll look like this. At this point, add salt and pepper to taste..
- Add bell pepper from Step 3 and garam masala and mix well..
- It's done! Serve together with naan and rice. This dish is called Baingan Bharta in Hindi..
If you find this Indian Vegetable Curry with Eggplant and Bell Pepper recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.