Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Indian Home-style Curry with Potatoes and Chickpeas recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Indian Home-style Curry with Potatoes and Chickpeas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian Home-style Curry with Potatoes and Chickpeas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Energy Goodies.
We all know that eating healthy foods can help us feel better within our bodies. When we eat more healthy foods and less of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Eating almonds is a fantastic choice as long as you don’t possess a nut allergy. As an all-in-one energy booster, almonds offer you many health benefits. Almonds are a natural source of B vitamins as well as other vitamins and minerals. They actually do, however, contain tryptophan-the same enzyme that makes you tired after eating turkey. But once you eat almonds, you won’t feel like you should sleep a while. Rather, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. Almonds frequently provide a general increased sense of well-being.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to indian home-style curry with potatoes and chickpeas recipe. You can cook indian home-style curry with potatoes and chickpeas using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Indian Home-style Curry with Potatoes and Chickpeas:
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of thumb size Ginger.
- Provide 1 large of Onion.
- Prepare 1 large of Potato.
- Use 1 of to 2 tablespoons Oil.
- Use 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 of to 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper (only if you lke hot and spicy).
- Provide 1 tbsp of Coriander powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 300 grams of Tomato.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 240 grams of Chickpeas (soaked in water or canned) *I recommend using canned soy beans too..
- You need 500 ml of Water.
- Take 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Get 1 of handful Cilantro leaves.
Steps to make Indian Home-style Curry with Potatoes and Chickpeas:
- Finely chop the onion, garlic, and ginger. Chop the tomato in a food processor. Cut the potato into bite-size pieces..
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Once heated, saute the cumin seeds until about the popping sound stops, while being careful not to let them burn..
- Saute the garlic and ginger well..
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon if you'd like. The taste won't be that noticeable in the curry, but it's good for your stomach so I do recommend it..
- Mix in the turmeric powder to make sure it blends well with the garlic and ginger..
- Add the onions and saute until translucent..
- Mix in the coriander powder and cayenne powder and let them blend well with the onions..
- Add salt, sugar, and tomatoes, and saute until about the tomatoes' color and shape disappears. It'll turn into a paste..
- Like this..
- Also, mix in the chickpeas and potatoes..
- Once well mixed, add water..
- Cover and simmer over low heat until the potatoes are cooked..
- Check every once in a while and mix occasionally to prevent it from burning..
- While waiting for the curry to finish, cut the coriander leaves..
- Once a skewer can be inserted at ease into the potatoes, mix well, check the saltiness, and it's done. Please east after squeezing out some lemon juice to garnish..
- Eat as soon as possible. Indian curry doesn't need to be rested overnight like Japanese curry, but the flavors do mellow out after resting it for an hour or so..
If you find this Indian Home-style Curry with Potatoes and Chickpeas recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.