Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Indian flattened rice dish(poha) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Indian flattened rice dish(poha) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian flattened rice dish(poha) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you presently consume lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to indian flattened rice dish(poha) recipe. You can cook indian flattened rice dish(poha) using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Indian flattened rice dish(poha):
- Provide 2 cups of poha.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Use 2 of boiled potato.
- Use 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Use 8-10 of curry leaves.
- Get 2 of green chilli chopped.
- Provide 1 tbsp of unsalted pea nuts.
- Get 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Take to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 of tomato chopped.
- Provide 1/2 of a lime (juice).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Coriander leaves chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grated coconut powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of peas.
Steps to make Indian flattened rice dish(poha):
- Wash poha few times and drain the water completely. Set aside to soften. If needed sprinkle some water and allow to soft and salt and sugar over it mix..
- Heat oil in the same pan..
- Crackle the mustard seeds first.
- Then add onions and saute them till they become translucent..
- Add curry leaves and green chilies.and tomato saute for half a minute add peas saute for a mins and boiled potatoes.
- Add the roasted peanuts and stir.add the turmeric pwr and stir well to blend all ingredients.
- Add the poha and stir. cover and steam the poha for 2-3 minutes on a low flame..
- When cooking check after 1 minutes and give a stir again..
- Switch off the heat and let the poha remain covered for 1-2 minutes..
- Remove the lid and sprinkle some lemon juice, coriander leaves and grated coconut..
- Give a gentle stir and serve onion poha hot with tea..
If you find this Indian flattened rice dish(poha) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.