Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Snacks.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of well being. If we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A bit of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
If you are not sensitive to nuts, try eating some almonds! Almonds are sometimes considered a super food since they’re packed full of ingredients that help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. These nuts contain lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Almonds, like turkey, contain the enzyme tryptophan that may often allow you to be sleepy. Having said that, you may not need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. Instead they will simply help your muscles and digestive system relax while also helping you feel less burned out. Your emotional level is often lifted simply by eating almonds.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily accessible. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sambar (south indian tiffin special) recipe. To make sambar (south indian tiffin special) you only need 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special):
- Provide 1/4 cup of Toor Dal.
- Get 5-6 of Shallots (chopped).
- Take 1 of medium sized Tomato.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Tamarind Extract.
- Provide 1/4 Teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- Use 1/2 Teaspoon of Chilli Powder.
- Take 1/2 Teaspoon of Jaggery.
- You need 1/2 cup of Veggies (Carrot, Potato, Pumpkin, Drumstick, Brinjal).
- Take To taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1-2 Teaspoon of Ghee.
- You need As required of Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Mustard seeds, Cumin Seeds.
- You need 1 pinch of Hing.
- Provide 1 sprig of Curry leaves.
Instructions to make Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special):
- Pressure cook the Toor Dal with 1 cup of water and mash it. Cut veggies and keep it aside..
- Dry roast and make a fine powder: 1 tablespoon chanaDal and Coriander seeds, 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds and Peppercorn, 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds, 4 red chillies and a pinch of Hing..
- Heat the oil and temper mustard, cumin, curry leaves and hing. Then add shallots, tomato and saute for 2 minutes..
- Now add veggies and cook for another few minutes. Then add tamarind extract, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and ground powder..
- Ladle the mixture without forming any lumps. Just add mashed Toor Dal and jaggery..
- The mixture may get thicker, so add some water, lid the pan and cook for some more time..
- Now a well cooked thick Sambar may attract your eyes!! Few dashes of ghee you can top on the mixture..
- Serve hot with South Indian Tiffin items and enjoy your food.
If you find this Sambar (South Indian Tiffin Special) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.