Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato and lentil curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato and lentil curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Opting to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, simply making a couple of small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you most likely purchase lots of food items out of habit. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato and lentil curry recipe. To make potato and lentil curry you need 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Potato and lentil curry:
- Take 5 of waxy potatoes.
- Use 1 cup of red lentils.
- Get 2 of fresh or 1/2 tin or carton of tomatoes.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic.
- Provide 1 of thumb of ginger.
- Take 1/2 of lemon.
- Get 1 sprig of coriander.
- Use 2 of black cardamon.
- You need 2 of green cardamon.
- Get 1 of star anise.
- Take A few of cumin seeds.
Instructions to make Potato and lentil curry:
- Peel the potatoes and cook until cooked. They will have a little further cooking in the lentils so don’t overlook them.
- Cook the lentils in boiling water, skimming off the foam when it rises to the top. This is important otherwise the lentils are bitter..
- Drain the potatoes and chopped garlic and ginger and spices and fry lightly for 5 minutes. Add the tomato and lentils and cook on a low heat for a further 5 – 10 minutes..
- Squeeze with lemon and sprinkle with coriander to serve..
If you find this Potato and lentil curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.