Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect South Indian Breakfast – Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to South Indian Breakfast – Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It could be that you already feel that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to south indian breakfast – ven pongal & kadamba sambhar recipe. To make south indian breakfast – ven pongal & kadamba sambhar you only need 26 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook South Indian Breakfast – Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar:
- Get of For Pongal :.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Raw Rice.
- Use 1/4 cup of Moong Dhal/Paasi Parupu.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger chopped.
- You need 1 pinch of Hing/Asafoetida.
- Get 1 tsp of Black Pepper Corns.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper powder.
- Provide 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Provide 2 tsp of jeera/cumin seeds.
- Take 1/3 cup of Milk.
- Take as needed of Few Cashew Nuts.
- Provide as needed of Curry Leaves Little.
- You need to taste of Salt as per taste.
- Take of For Kadamba Sambhar:.
- Take 2 tsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Methi /Fenugreek seeds.
- Provide as needed of Mixed Veggies(Carrot,Beans,Peas,Sweet Potato,Potato) You can add veggies of your choice.
- Prepare as needed of Small Ball of Tamarind (Extract Paste).
- Use 2 tsp of Sambhar Powder.
- Use 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Toor Dhal + 2tbsp Moong Dhal with little Turmeric Powder (Pressure cook it for 3 whistles).
- Get of To Temper:.
- Take 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Urad Dhal.
- Use as needed of Curry Leaves Few.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
Steps to make South Indian Breakfast – Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar:
- For Pongal: Dry Roast raw rice and moong dhal in a pressure cooker..
- Keep that aside.Add 1 tbsp ghee,ginger and hing.Saute for a min..
- Add 3 cups of water,required salt and pressure cook them for 3 or 4 whistles..
- Once cooker is released mash the cooked rice and dhal well (Add water if it is too dry) and boil for sometime..
- In the end before tempering add milk and mix well and boil for a min. (This gives pongal a creamy texture and an awesome taste)..
- Add the black pepper powder..
- Take a tempering pan and add 1 or 2 tbsp of ghee. Once it is hot add the jeera,black pepper corns,curry leaves and cashew nuts. Saute well..
- Add the tempering to the pongal and serve hot with Sambhar and Chutney..
- Kadamba Sambhar: In a kadai add little oil. Once it heats up add little mustard seeds. Once it splutters add the methi seeds and saute..
- Add the mixed veggies and saute them for a min..
- Add the Sambhar Powder,Coriander Powder and salt and mix it well..
- Extract the tamarind and add them to the sambhar and add water..
- Boil them till the veggies get cooked well..
- Mash the toor dhal+moong dhal and add them by adjusting water if required..
- Boil till you get the froth and temper with Mustard seeds,Urad Dhal and Curry leaves..
If you find this South Indian Breakfast – Ven Pongal & Kadamba Sambhar recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.