Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Gujarati Undhiyu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gujarati Undhiyu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Vitality Goodies.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of healthy foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This is often a problem, however, with regards to eating between goodies. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Just about the most popular snack foods is yogurt. Eating fat free yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you’ll be able to reach for. It is a protein-rich supply of nutritious minerals and vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your gastrointestinal system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to create it. Fast hint: select unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent approach to delight in a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to gujarati undhiyu recipe. To make gujarati undhiyu you only need 34 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Gujarati Undhiyu:
- You need For of Muthiya-.
- Prepare 1 cup of Gram Flour (besan).
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chopped Fenugreek Leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Red Chilli Powder.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- Take 1 pinch of Baking Soda.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of Sugar.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of Lemon Juice.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Oil + for deep frying.
- You need For of Masala-.
- Get 1/4 cup of grated Coconut (fresh or dry).
- Take 1/3 cup of Roasted Peanut Powder.
- Use 1/2 tablespoon of Sesame Seeds.
- Take 1/4 cup of finely chopped Coriander Leaves.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Green Chilli Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Lemon Juice.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Use For of Curry-.
- You need 3-4 of small Brinjals.
- Use 6-7 of Baby Potatoes.
- Take 1/2 cup of Indian flat beans (Surti Papdi), strings removed.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Shelled pigeon peas.
- Get 1/2 cup of chopped Yam or Sweet Potato, optional (cut into 1½-inch pieces).
- Provide 1/2 cup of Green Peas.
- Get 1 pinch of Asafoetida (hing), optional.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Red Chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin-Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1/3 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of Garam Masala Powder, optional.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Cooking Oil (or less*).
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
Steps to make Gujarati Undhiyu:
- Take 1 cup gram flour, 1¼ cup fenugreek leaves, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, a pinch of baking soda, 1½ teaspoons sugar, 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil and salt in a medium bowl..
- Mix all ingredients with a spoon, add water as needed and make soft dough..
- Grease your hands with oil and carefully make around 10-12 small oval shaped muthiyas from it. Heat the oil over medium flame to deep fry the muthiyas. Fry the muthiyas over low-medium flame until they turn light golden brown and outer layer turns crispy..
- Remove them using slotted spoon and transfer over paper napkin to a plate. Methi Muthiyas are ready..
- Prepare stuffing masala; take all masala ingredients (1/4 cup grated coconut, 1/3 cup roasted peanut powder, 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, 1/2 tablespoon green chilli ginger garlic paste, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and salt) in a medium bowl..
- Mix them well using a spoon and taste it. It should have strong spicy, mild sweet, mild sour and salty taste. If required, add more seasonings..
- Take all vegetables required to make the undhiyu..
- Peel the potatoes and remove stems from brinjal. Make a criss-cross cut on brinjal and potato from the topside until 3/4th length. Make sure not to separate the segments. Stuff the veggies with prepared masala..
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a 3-liter or 5-liter steel/aluminum pressure cooker over medium flame. Add a pinch of asafoetida and sauté for 10-seconds. Add Indian flat beans, shelled pigeon peas,green peas, yam and salt. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Add 1-teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin-coriander powder and 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes..
- Add stuffed brinjal and potato. Sprinkle some salt over it. Add 1½ cups water. Add fried dhokli methi muthiya over it..
- Close the lid and cook over medium flame for 3 whistles. Turn off the flame. Open the lid after pressure releases naturally (10-15 minutes)..
- Gently mix the curry with a spatula. Do not over mix as the veggies and muthiya may break. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with poori in lunch..
If you find this Gujarati Undhiyu recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.