Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Energy.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more balanced feeling. A piece of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, however, with regards to eating between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for the perfect snack foods to make you feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
If you’re looking for a fast snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch break. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Whole grains are generally better than processed grains present in white bread.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil & butternut squash coconut dal recipe. To cook red lentil & butternut squash coconut dal you only need 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal:
- Use 1 of butternut squash.
- Use 2 of onions.
- Use 400 g of red split lentils.
- Use 400 ml of coconut milk.
- Get 800 ml of water (boiling).
- Get 1 tsp of tomato puree.
- Take 2 tsp of curry powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of chilli powder (or fresh chilli).
- Use 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- You need of Pumpkin seeds.
- Use of Salt, pepper, oil.
- You need of To serve:.
- Provide of Coriander garnish (optional).
- You need of Plain naan bread.
Instructions to make Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal:
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into small squares. Add a small amount of olive oil to two baking trays and split the squash over the two trays so they are a single layer. Season with salt and pepper, and half a teaspoon of curry powder per tray. Mix with your hands an out in the oven for 45mins at 210c. (Or cook until they are just starting to brown on the outside)..
- Meanwhile, chop the onion into small squares. Add to a large frying pan with a small amount of oil. Cook for 2 mins on medium heat. Add the remaining teaspoon of curry powder, tomato puree and chilli powder. Stir to coat the onion and cook for a further two mins..
- Next add the water, coconut milk, stock cube and lentils. Stir well and leave to cook for 30mins on a low heat. Stir occasionally to prevent it catching..
- Once both the dal and squash is cooked, check seasoning and add more pepper or chilli to taste. Add the squash to the dal and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Garnish with coriander and serve with naans..
If you find this Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.