Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Chickpea Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a couple of minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Evidently, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea curry recipe. You can have chickpea curry using 29 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chickpea Curry:
- Prepare of List 1,.
- Provide 250 g of chickpeas.
- Provide 1/3 cup of Red lentil/Masoor dal.
- Provide 1/4 of oil.
- Use of coriander for garnish.
- Prepare of Fenugreek leaves 1 tsp.
- Get 3-4 tbsp of Tamarind pulp.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Get 1 tsp of Caraway seeds.
- You need pinch of Asafoetida.
- Provide 2 inch of piece ginger.
- You need 3 cloves of (paste) garlic.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Soda bicarbonate.
- Take of list 2,.
- You need 2 tsp of Black tea.
- Provide 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- Provide 2 of Big cardamom.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4-5 of Small cardamom.
- Get 4-5 of cloves.
- Take of List 3,.
- You need 1 tsp of Kashmiri red chili powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of amchoor.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Black rock salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Provide of Fennel powder.
Steps to make Chickpea Curry:
- Soak chickpeas all night. In morning throw all water, wash them nicely..
- Chickpeas and red lentil/masoor dal and 1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate. Turn on the heat..
- Let it boil, you will see this white foam will come on top. Take this foam out with spoon and throw it..
- In a muslin cloth add all list 2 ingredients.make a bag..
- Add this bag in your chickpeas and let them cook on slow heat until nicely tender..
- After almost 1 hour you will see it like this. Now throw this spice bag..
- Heat a wok, add 1/4 cup oil with asafoetida, ginger, garlic paste, caraway seeds(ajwain). Stir few seconds..
- Stir few seconds. Make sure do not burn it. If you feel it is burning then add few tablespoon water in it..
- Add these cooked spices in cooked chickpeas. Mix well..
- Now add tamarind paste, lemon juice, dried fenugreek, fresh chopped coriander, salt and mix well. Taste salt and tamarind paste, if need add more according to your taste..
- Cover and let it cook on low heat for 10 minutes almost..
- Tastiest cholay/chickpea curry is ready.serve with naan..
If you find this Chickpea Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.