A lot of us think that comfort foods are bad for us and that we must avoid them. Often, if your comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for you. Some foods really do boost your mood when you eat them. When you are feeling a little down and need an emotional boost, try some of these., tofu jjigae.
Eggs, believe it or not, are great for helping you combat depression. Just make sure that you do not toss the egg yolk. When you want to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most vital part of the egg. Eggs, the yolk in particular, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are wonderful for helping to improve your mood. This is because they increase the function of your brain's neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that affect how you feel). Try consuming a couple of eggs to cheer up!
Put together a trail mixfrom a variety of seeds and nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all helpful for elevating your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which raises your brain's serotonin levels. Serotonin is called the "feel good" substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more of it you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Nuts, on top of raising your mood, can be a super source of protein.
Tofu Jjigae is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Tofu Jjigae is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook tofu jjigae using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tofu Jjigae:
- Take 150 grams Thinly sliced pork belly
- Prepare 1/2 Onion
- Prepare 200 grams Kimchi
- Take 150 grams Tofu
- Prepare 1/2 Japanese leek
- Get 1/2 bunch Chinese chives
- Prepare 800 ml Water
- Get 1 tbsp ＊Sesame oil
- Take 2/3 tsp ＊ Grated garlic
- Take 3 tsp ＊ Doubanjiang
- Prepare 2 tsp ＊Oyster sauce
- Prepare 2 tbsp ★ Beef Dashida
- Get 1 tsp ★ Chinese soup stock
- Take 7 to 8 shakes ★ Umami seasoning
- Prepare 2 tsp Miso
- Prepare 2 tsp Sesame oil to finish
Instructions to make Tofu Jjigae:
- Cut up the pork into bite sized pieces. Put the pork into a bowl with the ＊ ingredients and mix well.
- Cut the chives into 5 cm pieces. Slice the onion. Cut the tofu into bite sized cubes, and slice the leek diagonally.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a frying pan and stir fry the pork mixture from Step 1 until the color of the meat changes.
- Add the onion and kimchi and continue stir frying until the onion is transparent. Add the ★ ingredients and stir fry for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Add the tofu, skim off the scum and dissolve in the miso. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the leek and simmer briefly. Drizzle on the remaining 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. Add the chives; when they have wilted, it's done.
- The kind of kimchi that uses squid innards or fish sauce tends to be a lot tastier. Usually you'd add kimchi that has gone sour.
- This is Dashida. You can buy it online or from Korean grocery stores. The flavor just isn't right without this.
- The jjigae tastes even better the next day.
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you want to combat depression. Herring, trout, tuna, wild salmon, and mackerel are all rich in omega-3s and DHA. These are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It's true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can basically help you overcome depression.
Grains can be great for overcoming a terrible mood. Barley, millet, quinoa, etc are great at helping you feel happier. They help you feel full as well which can truly help to improve your mood. Feeling famished can really make you feel awful! These grains can help your mood elevate as it's easy for your body to digest them. You digest these grains faster than other things which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel better, mood wise.
Green tea is wonderful for moods. You were simply anticipating to read that here, weren't you? Green tea is rich in a certain amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have found that this amino acid essentially induces brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while at the same time making the rest of your body more relaxed. You were already aware that that green tea helps you feel better. And now you are aware that it can help improve your mood also!
You can see, you don't need junk food or foods that are terrible for you so you can feel better! Try a few of these hints instead.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food tofu jjigae recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!