Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala Style Baingan Dal Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Style Baingan Dal Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you no longer wish to eat. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style baingan dal curry recipe. To make kerala style baingan dal curry you only need 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kerala Style Baingan Dal Curry:
- You need 5 of brinjals cut into small pieces.
- Take 1 cup of Toor Dal.
- Get 5 of dried red chillies.
- Use 4 tablespoons of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Red chilli powder.
- Get 5 of curry leaves.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Urad Dal.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Mustard seeds.
- Provide 1/2 of coconut desiccated.
- Use as required of Coconut oil.
- Provide As per taste of Crystal salt.
- Take as required of Water.
Steps to make Kerala Style Baingan Dal Curry:
- Wash the Brinjals in water with a pinch of turmeric powder and keep aside..
- Place a cooking vessel on the stove. Pour 3 glasses of water. Let it boil. Now, add Toor Dal, 2 tablespoon of turmeric powder and 4 teaspoons of coconut oil. Let it be cooked..
- After ten minutes, add Brinjals to the Dal..
- Put two tablespoons of crystal salt..
- Add the remaining turmeric powder and stir well. Now, let the brinjal cook along with dal..
- Meanwhile, take the desiccated coconut and put it in a blender..
- Blend it until a thick coarse paste is formed..
- Now add the coconut paste to the cooking vessel. Stir well..
- In another pan, pour four teaspoons of coconut oil. When it is heated, add dried red chillies, curry leaves, mustard and urad Dal..
- Now add this to the curry..
- Stir the curry well. Your special Baingan Dal Curry in Kerala style is ready!! It’s usually served hot along with White rice..
If you find this Kerala Style Baingan Dal Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.