Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Brinjal podi curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brinjal podi curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out several simple changes.
Initially, you should be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer wish to eat. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to brinjal podi curry recipe. To cook brinjal podi curry you only need 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Brinjal podi curry:
- Take 5 of brinjals Tender purple -.
- Get 1 tbsp of Bengal gram dal (kaai paruppu) -.
- Use 2 tbsps of Coriander seeds (dhania) -.
- Take 2 of Chillies Red -.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Peppercorns -.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds -.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Urad dal -.
- Get 6 – 8 of Curry leaves -.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder -.
- Prepare of Salt – as needed.
- Prepare of Oil – as needed.
Steps to make Brinjal podi curry:
- Cut brinjal into small cubes and add them to a bowl filled with water.
- After all brinjals are cut, strain the water. Add turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and leave it aside for 10 minutes..
- In a pan, heat a drop of oil. Add bengal gram dal, coriander seeds, peppercorns and red chillies. Fry till dal turns light brown. Let it cool.
- Ground the roasted ingredients to a coarse powder.
- Heat a wide-bottomed pan. Add 4-5 tsp of oil..
- When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add urad dal and curry leaves. Fry till urad dal turns light brown.
- Add chopped brinjal pieces, sprinkle little water and mix well.
- Close the lid and let the brinjals cook in low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Check if brinjals are cooked..
- Add the freshly ground masala powder and mix well.
- Check for salt and add more if needed.
- Fry for a minute and turn off the flame.
- Serve it as a dry side-dish with rice..
If you find this Brinjal podi curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.