Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, just making a few small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One nutritious alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chidambaram kathirikkai gothsu / south indian brinjal & lentils curry recipe. You can cook chidambaram kathirikkai gothsu / south indian brinjal & lentils curry using 15 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry:
- Prepare of Brinjal/eggplants- 4, cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Yellow lentils /moong dal-.
- Take of Pearl onions /shallots- 6-8, thinly sliced.
- Take of Green chilies- 2, slit lengthwise.
- Provide of Tomato- 1, finely chopped.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder-.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Mustard seeds-.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds-.
- Get 1 sprig of Curry leaves-.
- Use 1 pinch of Asafoetida –.
- Take 2 tbsp of Tamarind paste –.
- Get 2 of Whole dry chilies-.
- You need To taste of Salt-.
- Take As needed of Water-.
- Use As needed of Oil-.
Instructions to make Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry:
- In a pressure cooker, add the moong dal along with the chopped onions, green chilies, tomatoes, brinjal cubes, turmeric powder, salt, & enough water. Cook for 2-3 whistles until the vegetables and the dal is cooked. Remove from flame and keep aside for the pressure to subside..
- Heat oil in a small pan. Splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, dry red chilies, and asafoetida powder. Let them sizzle a bit. Open the lid of the pressure cooker, and add 1/2 cup of water if the mixture is too thick. Add the prepared seasoning to the cooked dal mixture. Add the tamarind paste and simmer for few minutes. Serve hot as a side dish for idli or dosa..
If you find this Chidambaram Kathirikkai Gothsu / South Indian Brinjal & Lentils Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.