Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Sweet and Sour Brinjals recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet and Sour Brinjals recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet and Sour Brinjals recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. While we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out some modest changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping since you probably purchase lots of food items out of habit. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet and sour brinjals recipe. You can cook sweet and sour brinjals using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sweet and Sour Brinjals:
- You need 300 gms of Brinjals,cut into long strips,with the stem.
- Take 50 gms of curd.
- Take 1 tsp of Haldi powder / turmeric.
- Take 1 tsp of Kashmiri chilli powder.
- Take leaves of Curry.
- Provide 1 of lemon sized tamarind, mixed in warm water.
- You need 1 of big Onion paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger/garlic paste.
- Take to taste of salt and sugar.
- Use 100 gms of Mustard Oil.
Instructions to make Sweet and Sour Brinjals:
- Cut the brinjals into long strips, along with the stem.Add salt,sugar and haldi powder on it.Keep aside for 10 minutes..
- Fry the brinjals in mustard oil,not over doing them.Drain the oil,and keep aside.Make a paste of the tamarind mixture. Now put fresh oil, and add some curry leaves to it.When it splutters, add all the masala paste,except the tamarind. Fry for sometime, and add beaten curd.Fry till oil separates..
- Now add salt and sugar and the tamarind paste. Add warm water, and mix properly, till oil separates again. Taste the curry. It should have a sweet and sour taste. Once the gravy is done,add the brinjals, make sure they do not break.Keep for 5 minutes, covering the pan,or pan.After 5 minutes serve hot with roti or paratha, garnishing with fried curry leaves on top..
If you find this Sweet and Sour Brinjals recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.