Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re always being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, just making some small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun shrimp with corn flapjacks recipe. You can cook cajun shrimp with corn flapjacks using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks:
- You need of Flapjack batter.
- Prepare 1 can of creamed corn (15 oz).
- Use 4 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Provide 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Use 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Take of Cajun Shrimp.
- Prepare 1 lb of large shrimp (in the shell).
- Get 2 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Use 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- Provide 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Provide 3 of scallions, finely chopped.
- Take 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
Steps to make Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks:
- In a medium bowl combine the batter ingredients..
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray, then pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into the hot skillet for each flapjack. Cook in batches until the bottoms are golden and bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the flapjacks and finish cooking (approx 1 minute more). Repeat with the remaining batter..
- Place the cooked flapjacks into an oven safe dish and keep warm in an oven heated to about 250°..
- Peel the shrimp, reserving the shells..
- In a medium bowl, toss the peeled shrimp with the Cajun seasoning..
- Place the shrimp shells into a shallow saucepan with the water and the cayenne. Bring the water to a boil and cook until the liquid is reduced by half (approx 5 minutes). Drain the shrimp broth into a medium bowl and set aside. Discard the shells..
- In a large non stick skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat until it ripples. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour into the oil and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture turns rich Brown in color (3-5 minutes)..
- Add the garlic and scallions to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the reserved shrimp broth and boil the sauce for about 1 minute to thicken..
- Add the shrimp to the sauce and cook just until cooked through and appear pink (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat and cover to keep warm..
- When ready to serve, place a flapjack or two on each plate and top with the shrimp and sauce..
If you find this Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.