Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Boosting Snacks.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more balanced feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for treats between meals. You can spend hours at the food market searching for the right snack foods to make you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
Just about the most popular treats is low fat yogurt. The fact is, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. Low fat yogurt would make a fantastic snack, however. It consists of tons of calcium, protein, and B vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can even help your digestive tract work appropriately depending upon the culture used to create it. Yogurt unites beautifully with nuts and seeds. It’s an easy way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
You do not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil soup recipe. You can cook lentil soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Lentil soup:
- Prepare 2 cups of brown lentils, washed and drained.
- Get 3 of medium onions, cut into small cubes.
- Get 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Take 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare of For serving: optional.
- Prepare 1 of loaf pita bread, roasted.
- Use 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Instructions to make Lentil soup:
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, put the lentils and onions with 9 cups of water..
- Stir lentils and onions from time to time. When the water starts to boil, lower the heat and cover the saucepan. Leave to cook for 40 min..
- When lentils are cooked, add in the salt, cumin and black pepper and stir. Remove pan from heat..
- Pour the lentil and onion mixture in a food processor and blend until you get a smooth and thick mixture..
- Pour back the mixture in the saucepan. Put on medium heat. Stir the ingredients while adding the olive oil and leave it to simmer for 5 more minutes..
- Serve the lentil soup immediately..
- A tasty addition to this delicious soup would be a squeeze of lemon and some roasted pita bread pieces that you sprinkle on top of the soup once it’s served..
If you find this Lentil soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.